This article shows you how to download and install the full version of USB Device Tree Viewer v3.8.1 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing USB Device Tree Viewer v3.8.1 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- USB Device Tree Viewer v3.8.1 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install USB Device Tree Viewer v3.8.1
- Required files
About the software
The USB Device Tree Viewer, short UsbTreeView, is based upon the Microsoft “USBView” sample application found in the Windows Driver Development Kits and is now standalone on GitHub.
But it is source code only, there is no executable for end users provided. Meanwhile USBView comes as executables as part of the “Debugging Tools für Windows”, see here: USBView. But still it is still more or less merely a demo application for the Windows USB API, after 20 years it still doesn’t even save the window position…
The main features of USB Device Tree Viewer are:
- Window position is saved, yea
- Informations from the Windows Device Management are collected and matched with the found USB devices; Therefore UsbTreeView can show the child devices, including drive letters and COM-ports
- Background color and font of the right pane can be set (the font shown in the screenshots is DOSLike 7)
- Keeps the tree item selection over refresh
- TreeView highlighting of arrived and removed devices
- Shows open handles on failed safe removal
- Way more descriptors are decoded, as Audio 2.0
- Hexdump of the descriptors can be shown
- Safe removal, device restart and port restart
- Extended USB information available under Windows 8 and 10 (taken from the latest USBView sample application)
- Extended information about host controllers
- Failed USB requests are re-tried in the background, e.g. if a USB mouse was moved while requesting its properties
- Toolbar with jump-lists for easily finding devices in complex trees
- TreeView with handmade 16×16 icons, USBView used 32×32 icons scaled down to 15×15
USB Device Tree Viewer v3.8.1 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
How to Download and Install USB Device Tree Viewer v3.8.1
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software